Coffee, tea, that strange-named elixir that promises to boost your energy… While any of these beverages may perk you up after the lunchtime lull, there are natural ways to do this. Additionally, caffeinated beverages are likely to merely spike your energy level, not provide sustained energy and alertness throughout the whole day.
On the other hand, these 7 foods that boost your energy will help you fight fatigue and stay alert all day long:
- Beans: Because it takes longer for your body to digest, fiber can prolong any boost of energy from carbohydrates. Beans are packed with fiber (and they are also a healthy carbohydrate), and maintain consistency in your blood sugar levels.
- Eggs: With iron, protein, and zinc, eggs help to build muscles, sustain energy, and sustain good blood pressure.
- Oranges: Antioxidants, fiber and other nutrients in oranges make them a fantastic energy-boosting food. The aroma of an orange alone is a trigger for feeling more energized and happy – they pack an even greater punch when you eat them!
- Sweet Potatoes: Stocked with potassium (one-fourth of your daily serving), sweet potatoes will help you stay hydrated, balance your electrolytes, lower blood pressure, and reduce stress that can cause your body to fatigue.
- Crimini Mushrooms: B vitamins are very important for the production of energy within your body, and crimini mushrooms are a fantastic source! Pantothenic acid, one of the B vitamins in crimini mushrooms, also helps to fight fatigue while you are stressed.
- Bananas: These brightly colored fruits are full of natural sugars that, unlike refined and processed sugars, give a steady, gradual rise in energy without the sudden drop afterward. Bananas also have lots of fiber to maintain stable energy levels.
- Chia Seeds: Packed with all kinds of nutrients and vitamins (including protein, fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium, potassium, iron, and antioxidants), chia seeds are performance enhancing as well as energy boosting.
Featured photo source: Pixabay.com.