Long summer days are meant for getting out and taking advantage of all the active options to play while the weather is great! That can mean that meal planning and prep can get pushed to the back burner since who wants to spend these great days in the grocery store line or working in the kitchen when you could be out playing? Well here are some great summer salads that are easy to prep ahead of time and have ready to go when you get home from that after work kayak, cycle adventure, or gym class.
- This main dish salad has less than 13 grams of fiber and nearly 17 grams of protein. The Black Bean and Mango Salad will help you make your dietary goals, replenish needed fluids, and give your body important post workout fuel.
- It may be Greek to you, but that means this Greek Salad is heart healthy, low call, and high protein with the added grilled chicken or fish. The Kalamata olives add health-promoting phenols and antioxidant activity and pine nuts provide not only a tasty flavor boost but also release hunger-suppressant enzymes.
- The Arugula Chicken Salad is a fabulous source of phytochemicals to help battle a variety of cancer causing components, as well as filled with vitamins A, C, and K. The radishes, avocado and lime top it off for a refreshing and yummy evening dinner salad.
- Jennifer Aniston’s Favorite Quinoa Salad With power packed ingredients such as quinoa which is good for, cucumbers which are packed with B vitamins, and antioxidant fighting tomatoes, you can’t go wrong with this one. The hardest you have to work in prep is boiling water, so your kitchen is kept cool and so are you!
- Ok, so maybe there are other salads that are “healthier”, but we had to include The Summer Fruit with Wine and Mint if simply for the fruit that is wine infused for 2 HOURS!!!! A nice reward for all the hard work you have been doing in your commitment to a healthy lifestyle. And in reality, there is not a “bad for you” ingredient in here!
So, with a teensy weensy bit of advanced planning, you can enjoy the hot summer evenings with yummy and good for you fresh salads to compliment all the other great choices you are making for yourself. Bon Appetite!